The Power of Video was the title of a talk given by one of our clients, the Association of Anaesthetists, at an event looking at how membership bodies can use digital services to benefit members.
Inclusive Digital films the Association’s conferences and events and uploads the content to an interactive, video-based eLearning platform that we built and now operate for the Association.
The platform is currently called Learn@AAGBI but will soon be rebranded as Learn@.
Andrew Mortimore, the Association’s e-Education Manager, explained to the audience at the MemberWise Digital 2018 conference why they commissioned the work from Inclusive and said they have been able to reach many more of their members.
Since 2011, 640 conference lecture videos have been uploaded to the platform and they have been viewed nearly 173,500 times.
“Before we began recording conference talks and hosting them online we were losing large amounts of high-quality educational content because so many of our members were unable to attend events,” Andrew said.
“Now we can offer a one-stop-shop for postgraduate and continuing education and training in all aspects of anaesthesia, critical care medicine and pain management. The eLearning site is helping us meet our goal of providing lifelong learning in anaesthesia to our members.”
Learn@ is used by members for:
- CPD development through a wide range of learning content
- watching videos of talks they have missed
- re-watching talks they have attended
- watching teaching sessions in hospitals as a group and discussing points.
The site’s users can learn in their own time and keep a record of their completed CPD for use in appraisals and revalidation.
During his talk, Andrew also presented feedback that the Association had received from its members about the eLearning platform. The feedback included the following comments:
- “I like being able to search for areas of knowledge that I feel need updating and watch a lecture by an expert that does just that. Learn@ is undoubtedly increasing patient safety.”
- “I think Learn@ is wonderful tool delivering superb knowledge to the anaesthetists around the UK.”
- “Exceedingly useful! I am currently, and for the next 12 months, on unpaid leave from my department so as to care for my ailing wife at home. Access to this educational activity allows me the freedom to keep updated and still be able to care for her. Very much appreciated.”
- “Excellent resource! Love the ease and variety and the fact that even if I have missed recent conferences and seminars, I can still catch up on the latest thoughts and teachings.”
Learn@ is also available as an app, which allows users to download videos of lectures so they can watch and reflect offline.